Wednesday 4 January 2012

Happy New Year everyone

A very Happy New Year to everybody from the chilly South Coast!  It's been a few weeks since I've had a chance to post on the blog, and all those things I had planned to write about like my luxury mince pie recipe and how well the Christmas cake turned out just seem so last year. 

I even feel a little bit late in talking about the new year.  A couple of days ago we were all excited about new beginnings and plans for the coming year, new projects, getting fit, drinking less, cutting out the cake... it's now January 4th and I wonder how many of us have already slipped on our resolutions?  Well that last one seems to have been crossed off a few people's lists as we're almost fully booked for cake orders well into February.  So we're looking forward to a great start to the year at Brighton Bakery and hope it's a good sign for things to come.

Our big plan this year is to focus on making more wedding cakes.  We'll be attending our very first Wedding Fayre in Burgess Hill on 29 January which is really exciting but quite daunting too.  If anyone has attended a wedding fayre as a supplier before and has any tips please leave a comment below - they will be much appreciated!  

But before any of that I'm back in the kitchen this morning to decorate a cake for a very special event tomorrow night launching the spanking new debut graphic novel The House That Groaned by Karrie Fransman.  You might just have time to buy and read the book before I post the pictures of the cake.

So before I go, I'd like to wish you our very best wishes for 2012 - may your year be filled with homemade jam and italian meringue buttercream.

Love Emily & Melissa, the Brighton Bakers x

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year to you too!
Mary x